What is a Kia Sorrento

Paige McCrossin
0

Asked by Paige Jul 06, 2014 at 05:48 PM about the 2015 Kia Sorento LX

70,055

http://www.edmunds.com/kia/sorento/2015/features-specs.html -- check this out.

33,675

Here is one

Greg Beyerlein
385

TrueCar.com has it listed as a "midsize crossover SUV aimed at people looking for utility in a small vehicle." "Competing vehicles include the Dodge Journey, Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-7 and Jeep Grand Cherokee." My wife owns a 2004 (purchased new) and it has run rather well, with only minor maintenance issues over the last 10 years (73,500 miles). My Mom just commented that she likes the ride of our Sorento and the size of it in comparison to her 2011 CR-V. Nothing against the CR-V; just that the Sorento felt to my Mom to have a bit more room and rode very smooth on the Central PA highways. In comparison to our 2003 Montero Sport (traded in for a 2009 Chevy Avalanche), my wife's Kia Sorento didn't have as much room in the rear seats & hatch, but felt bigger up front. My wife and I had to jockey elbow-position on the Montero's arm rest, but have plenty of room on the Kia Sorento's arm rest. At 6' 250 lbs (linebacker / full-back build), I feel comfortable in the driver's or passenger's seat of the Sorento. I typically feel a bit cramped in the passenger seat of a CR-V and do not like the feel of my Mother-in-law's Santa Fe driver's seat (feels cramped, to me). Overall, the Sorento has been a good car for us. Affordable, good power (3.5L v6), 4x4, plenty of room for 3-Day trips & groceries (a bit cramped for a week-long trip).

Cino
0

Hyundai seats (along with Sub. Forester) are terrible. The Sirento's are comfy and has good sight lines. Kia butchered the newer Sportage. Very confining interior, small windows. Prefer the tight Sportage steering over the 'luxury' soft Sorento, but not a deal breaker.