Fuse #15 in my 02 Expedition keeps blowing. I have changed out the BOO switch and the brake shift interlock but I still blows immediately or sometimes it works for a while but in the morning it is blown. Has anyone had this happen to them.

Mreinhar
0

Asked by Mreinhar Apr 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM about the 2002 Ford Expedition XLT

The systems that are involved are the
power windows, windshield wipers,
interior lights, audible alert that the
keys are in ignition, and the car won't
shift out of park.

59,205

My guess is that the power wire has rubbed or been abraded by something moving against it. I would be checking around those windshield wipers since they are used a lot and they have a lot of movement.

22,755

Does the fuse only blow when it rains? If so, something is getting wet and shorting out due to worn insulation on a wire or wires. Had this happen years ago on my '66 Cadillac. My Nephew had it happen to him on his '98 BMW too. Get a garden hose and squirt each door individually until the fuse blows. Then you'll know where to look for the bad wire(s). HTH. -Jim

17,495

Unplug the componets on those circuits till it stops blowing the fuse then you know what wires or componets to look at.

Chris Turpin
105

The 97-02 Expeditions had a problem from the factory where the windshield was not sealed correctly and tend to have leaks on the drivers side right above the fuse panel. I just had to replace mine. I would be willing to bet that there is moisture built up behind your fuse panel and it may need replacement. Either way you WILL need to get your windshield resealed as Ford never released a TSB or recall for this problem. This also causes your GEM module to go out which controls alot of the chassis electrical components.

JEHall
10

Curious Mreinhar if you resolved this problem. I have the EXACT same problem, fuse #15, on my '01 Expedition. I live in San Diego, it hasn't rained here in six months, so I know rain/leaks in or around the windshield are not the problem.

17,495

@jehall find out what components fuse #15 protects. Find them and unplug them one by one till it stops blowing the fuse

Isolino
0

Check the brake fluid reservoir, there is a sensor for the fluid level mine was leaking into the plug causing it to short out. I unplug it and replaced the fuse and now it works.