what is the origin of the 350 in the GT 350 name?

geriohmy
0

Asked by geriohmy Feb 14, 2013 at 02:33 PM about the 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

Frank Brenneman
245

from william jeannes in Shelby forum ..... Shelby produced these cars first at the Shelby American facility in Venice, California, and later at a larger compound at the edge of the L.A. airport. He based his unnamed car on a stock Mustang fastback powered by the 289 High Performance V8, optional in certain Ford models. After several meetings failed to produce a name for the racing Mustang, Shelby named the car GT350-because 350 feet separated the Shelby American production shop from its race shop.