What is reasonable price to sell 1984 Tercel Hatchback 82,500 miles, Original owner

hutsut
0

Asked by hutsut Aug 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM about the 1984 Toyota Tercel 2 Dr STD Hatchback

Manual 4 speed Transmission. Radio. New tires, reconditioned AC, New clutch, brakes. Original
owner. Covered floors with carpet immediately after purchase, so original vinyl underneath is
undisturbed. Back seat is original unused looking condition. Body has only one tiny dent on
fender that barely touched a dumpster corner while parking. Engine compartment very clean due
to occasional pressure wash. All records available. Never been in an accident. Paint is beautiful
cream color. Well cared for. When new and speed limit was 55 mph, got 40 miles per gallon on
1200 mile trip. City mileage now is about 25 average. Everything works.

Much loved car. Hate to sell, but owner's advancing age indicates an automatic transmission in
a new car will be better.

howieloso
0

Is car still for sale?

hutsut
0

Car is not presently for sale. I am trying to find what I can reasonably get for it so I can make some kind of judgment on what I can spend on a suitable replacement.

howieloso
0

I live in central Minnesota. Is car far from Minnesota

hutsut
0

Car is in Sacramento, CA. Why not come out here and get warm. I have friends visiting your parts right now and they say they are really getting a shot of winter. Meanwhile, Northern California is praying for rain. The reservoirs are drying up.

howieloso
0

I am sure it would be a scenic trip in spring or summer. Bus to Reno and down to Sacramento.and drive back. Cannot do now. I would like to have 84 T. for my main transportation. Seems like reliable and good economy. A car I could maintain. It all depends if I can afford. I had a 84 Tercel yrs back...a old beater . It was very high mileage and rusty. I grew very fond of it. Would drive to Omaha and back..often just sleeping in back of hatchback at rest stops. Had the 12 valve engine. Gusess I will wait to see price: and then decide. Thank You. P>S> Do you think the Tercel can handle the mountains?

Karl Grimm
635

worth $2,050-$4,050

hutsut
0

To howleloso: I can't answer for now since I haven't driven in mountains for years. The engine is model 3A-C, 4 speed stick shift. It used to do fine between 2nd and 3rd gear To Karl: Thanks. Looks like a little on the plus side of $3,000 would be reasonable, considering the care given over the years. I have had to replace tires because sidewalls cracked way before there was much tread wear.