Is it bad to take apart the dashboard in a brand new CRV to fix a cosmetic issue regarding the passenger side airbag cover?

Drew1997
0

Asked by Drew1997 May 06, 2013 at 08:44 PM about the 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

I recently purchased a 2013 Honda CRV.  After a day i noticed that the passenger side
airbag panel did not fit flush with the dashboard.  I took it to the dealer and they said
they can fix it but they will have to take apart the entire dashboard and that may
increase rattling issues, etc.  I'm wondering if it is better to live with the cosmetic issue
or if I should have it fixed under the warranty.  I wasn't sure if it is bad to mess with the
factory installation to fix a relatively minor problem.  that said, it does bother me
because i'm paying a lot of money for the vehicle.  I have no idea what goes into fixing
something like this and would appreciate any advice that might help me make a
decision.  thanks in advance

Racer_X
11,855

Hmm?? If they couldn't reassure me (in writing) that they couldn't fix it WITHOUT causing rattling issues, I might be inclined to ask for a replacement vehicle, assuming you've only had the SUV for a couple of days of so....Interesting problem.

14,195

It may be minor but vehicles are high dollar these days and things are expected to be correct when your paying $400 dollars a month or more to own a vehicle. I would want it to be correct and I would expect the dealer to make it right since that what the new vehicle warranty is for. I'm a technician at a dealer and I hate trying to fix rattles, but if you take it apart and it wasnt rattling before and you put the sum bitch back together correctly it wont rattle afterwards.

45,695

Have the dealer make it right. If it rattles, bring it back for them to fix. The demonstrator that you test drove didn't have those "features", your new vehicle shouldn't have them either.