any advice on what i should do about my 2012 honda odyssey that is less than a year old with engine problems??

kbshiu73
0

Asked by kbshiu73 Oct 09, 2012 at 09:10 PM about the 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L

I bought my Honda Odyssey less than a year ago (Nov 2011) and it has been towed TWICE!  Back in March, I experienced a cylinder misfire in cylinder #5 and 2 weeks ago, I broke down again with the same problem.  This time, the cylinder misfire was in cylinder #3.  The dealer where I purchased my car has had the van for the past 2 weeks, and now they tell me they need to take the engine apart.  

I am angry and frustrated that my new van is unreliable and I want them to give me a replacement vehicle....I looked into the Lemon Law for New York, but the van doesn't meet the criteria :(  

Any advice as to what my best option is to deal with this matter??? I really do not feel safe driving it now, and I worry about what will happen when the warranty runs out...HELP!!

Thank You!

Bruce Vanf
135

You need to contact Honda America and discuss this politely with a service rep. Honda is beter than most manufacturers in resolving issues like this.