How do I turn on 4 wheel drive? I know to turn the knob to 4 lock but it isn't turning on.

MrsWilliams
0

Asked by MrsWilliams Feb 13, 2014 at 02:10 PM about the 2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD

While in Drive with the truck running I turn the knob to 4 lock but it is not making it
4 wheel drive, only the back wheels are working, as usual.

7jimmy7
10,615

that would need some diagnostic testing to address ,the best you can do is run it in a clear area back and forth while trying the button and listen for a clunk from engagement

7jimmy7
10,615

unless their is a move you need to do before using this lock feature. like shift a gear lever to 4 high or something. read the operators manual ,its on line somewhere im sure

Sigurður Guðmundsson
1,105

When you turn the knob in the dash have your door open and listen if you can hear the transfer case motor click. If you cant the motor might need to be taken out for a rinse and some lube or it could be a bad connection or even a blown fuse. You can put it in 4WD hi anytime but to put it in 4WD low you need to have the truck at stand still and the tranny in neutral.