Which is the better value?

bassolotto
0

Asked by bassolotto Mar 03, 2013 at 09:45 AM about the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI w/ Sunroof and Nav

I have an option to get either a 2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI with 38k or a 2012 (same
model) with 42k for the same price. Which option is the better way to go?

Racer_X
12,705

I'd probably go with the 2011 with 4k few miles on her. I can see where it might be tempting to get the 2012, but unless there was something radically different about that model year, go for the one with fewer miles. I actually picked up a 2011 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring 6 spd manual with 1,410 miles and Power Retractable Hardtop for $23k last year. I doubt I'll ever see a deal that good again...lol

49,595

I would go with the vehicle that gave me the longest factory warranty.

Racer_X
12,705

And by default, that would (or at least should) be the 2012 model.

Scott Sr.
2,195

The mileage isn't the issue with only 4K separating them. It's the question of what's different technologically between the two. Generally speaking, the newer model will have some advances over the older. Notably, those can be in the unseen areas of materials used, improved manufacturing processes, or even completely new features. Do some research...see where each car was made and dig for the details of what each car has for features. And, as with all new VWs, try to get a certified car...comes with 2 year warranty...both the Jetta's you're looking at had warranty expire at 36K.

mkstn
125

Not much difference in mileage so go with the 2012 model!