How reliable is the braking system---any problems?

Murphnmags
0

Asked by Murphnmags Feb 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM about the 2010 Honda Accord EX-L

Has the braking system been reliable any problems on the Honda Accord EX-L.

Jalo Crews
105

I'm driving my 2nd Accord, my first was a 7th Gen '03 EX- L Sedan, and now I drive a 8th Gen '08 EX-L Navi Coupe. I feel like the brakes on the Accord are cheaply designed. The factory rotors are known to warp easily due to heat generated by heavy breaking. So depending on your driving style you may experience the same problem with your brakes. The first thing I did when my '03 Accord sedan needed new brakes was upgrade the rotors and pads. I went a little extreme and got drilled and slotted Brembo rotors and ceramic pads all the way around I will tell you that I never bought another set of rotors or pads the rest of the time I owned that car. I probably put about 65k miles on them in a 2yr period. You could probably buy some Brembo or name brand blanks (not drilled or slotted) and use a standard metalic pad with them and be just fine. On the other hand a friend of mine bought an 08 Accord off the lot back in 2008 and he had the car until 2011 and he put two sets of rotors on his car and it needed a third cause they warped so easy. He took his car to the dealer for all his service, they just kept taking his money. My brakes have been fine on my '08 Coupe so far (purchased Jan 2013) but I'm scared the first time I get in a situation where I am going to have to get on the brakes hard, I'm going to warp the rotors.