How do you disable the seatbelt reminder?

chicagomale78
5

Asked by chicagomale78 Oct 04, 2007 at 12:17 AM about the 2004 Honda Accord

I can't stand wearing my seatbelt due to large scars on my chest from when I was a knife fighter in Brazil.  How do I disable that dame dinger for the seatbelt reminder???  Most cars have disabling instructions in the owner's manual, my does not.

Help!!!!

dvigano
8,225

You might be able to find a fuse that this is somehow linked to, but now adays manufacturers are making it harder and harder to turn these safety features off. I hope you find your answer.

23,755

You may have to cut some wires. A Haynes manual will show you a wiring diagram which should make it easier to find the chime unit and disconnect it. These are typically removable from the older vehicles -- you have posted twice, once as a 1994 and once as a 2004, which are vastly different. You may also want to try getting a factory shop manual on Ebay, which will tell you how to do this also.