How do i keep the radio on when the car is off without having to turn the key every 5 minutes, 2010 Expedition?

tonykidwell
0

Asked by tonykidwell Apr 19, 2013 at 08:48 AM about the 2010 Ford Expedition XLT

Going to drive in and need the radio to stay on the whole time without having to turn the key every 5-10 minutes whick turns the headlights on also.

judge_roy

Good question, I've had similar concerns with my MINI as KNBR (the sports leader) only comes in on the finest of AM radio's, and am not gonna sit there with the ignition on just so's I can listen to the radio....still haven't the courage to tear into the dash connect the power supply to the radio to an "always on" circuit at the ignition, but I know it can be done...so tear on in, let us know how you make out~

judge_roy

it's a matter of dashboard surgery, and if you do it wrong-gonna set the car on fire~

17,505

I dont think you can change that. If you could the dealer would have to use the scan tool and change the accessory delay somehow, it may be a programmable feature. But I couldnt find any information on how do it on the ford website so I dont think you can.

17,505

I would vote against tearing the dash apart and cutting and splicing wires. maybe on a vehicle alot older and not as nice as this it would be okay. I wouldnt go rigging things on your 2010 you can screw up alot more than you fix plus if you hook it always on then it will never shut off. its hooked to an igniton source for a reason the accesory delay realy times out to save your batttery.

59,255

Dust off that boom box - bring a portable, battery operated radio.

7jimmy7
12,535

try to liven up the radio fuse ,with a jumper wire, from always on fuse

oldtimer37
1,505

Are you putting the key in the ACC (Accessory) position? When I park while my wife is shopping, I just turn the key to ACC and listen til she returns. As long as 30 min sometimes. If your car turns off in 5 minutes in the ACC position, you have real problems.

judge_roy

yes, oldtimer37, the acc position keeps the warning beep on with the mini...sure it can be programmed out by pressing buttons in the right order, dancing a little jig, bowin' the head with a oom-pah boudie hay, spin around 'till nauseous and forget all about it~

oldtimer37
1,505

Sorry, my 09' doesn't make any noise unless I open a door with it on,

Effext
0

I know this is an old thread but maybe it will be useful for someone that comes across it like I did. I'm not sure if this works on the 2010 Expedition but with my 96 Explorer if you turn the ignition back towards yourself and not forward into the accessory position the radio stays on.