To install an HID lighting kit it will be necessary to remove the daytime running lamp feature from activating (low beam@50% power)

bdw52
0

Asked by bdw52 May 26, 2011 at 01:16 PM about the 2009 Lincoln MKX AWD

Does anyone know if this can only be done using the Ford scan tool or can other brands of scan devices be used for reprogramming this feature? Such as a non dealership garage.  (Snap On or Mac brand tools?)

Jeff Leeper

The Daytime Running lights are controlled by the smart junction box, The module is located under the dash. It is programmable with an IDS scanner via the OBDll connector. Go to exterior lighting then Daytime Running Lights ( DRL) and turn on or off this feature.

Jeff Leeper

What kind of lights do you have now? are they adaptive or not?

Jeff Leeper

oh, IDS is Ford's proprietary scanner FYI

bdw52
0

Thanks Jeff. Yes it has adaptive lights and I just came back from the dealership.... found out the drl can only be switched on or off. I was under the mistaken impression that the SJB could allow other lights ( park/hi beam or fog lights) to be activated instead of only low beam. I have now decided to purchase an aftermarket DRL kit and install it on the fog/driving lamps so I will have the daytime light feature required by law up here in Canada.

Jeff Leeper

are you planning on selling the adaptive lights? Im considering buying spares.