Check Engine Light

Moe06
0

Asked by Moe06 Oct 22, 2012 at 04:28 PM about the 2009 Pontiac G6 GT

I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT with 80,000 miles on it. just yesterday my check engine light came on and no message appeared in the message box with the radio, when i tried to auto start my car this morning it wouldnt start then i forgot where i parked and tried to use the panic button but that didnt work, what could be the issue? Then i hear little scrubbing nosing when im applying my breaks and while im just driving. Last time i got my breaks done the guy informed me i need something that starts with an R but i can't remember the name. Im so nervous i dont even want to drive my car.

49,745

To see what's happening with the check engine light, go to a parts store and have them read the engine codes. Many places will scan it for free. They can also tell you what parts might need replacing but they can sometimes not be 100% accurate. Some repair shop will do a free scan. For the brakes, you could need to replace the rotors. They are the big steel discs that the brake pads rub against. They wear down with normal braking and replacement is necessary when they are too thin or badly grooved.