what causes the air pressure to fluctuate in the tire

DottieBoone
0

Asked by DottieBoone Oct 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM about the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT

12,935

Temperature. Get an empty 2L bottle, open it and run it under hot sink water for about 20 seconds. Quickly put the lid on it and put it in the freezer for about 1 minute. Then remove the lid and fill it with freezer air and then close it and run it under the hot sink water.

Jason Zane
2,925

a week ago, i had 35 psi. i came back from vacation, it was 33 psi. temperture dropped from 80 degrees to 66. activity lowers at decreasing temps.

Dorian Hendricks
575

When you drive, the friction between the tires and the road heats up the tire, whih then heats up the air in the tire, causing the pressure to increase.

Best Answer
Tom Torres
1,425

for ev ery 10 degree difference pressure changes about one pound per square inch (PSI) is the general rule of thumb increase in temp causes increase in pressure decrease in temp causes decrease in pressure thats why everyone should check tire pressure periodically