My 2008 Santa Fe GLS 2.7 TPS location

cristia6063
0

Asked by cristia6063 Aug 14, 2014 at 02:50 PM about the 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS

I lost speed several times, the car went into a crawl but I was able to make it home. The next day the car starts and functions in a normal manner. A friend told me that it might be the Throttle position sensor. From your knowledge could this be the problem part.  I would like to repair myself but I am not sure of the location of this part in the car.

33,845

You might have been in 'Limp Mode' which is a feature that when the ECU detects certain faults, it reduces engine power to allow you to get off the road to a safe place, home if close, and not do further damage. It can re-set it's self also by shutting off engine and re-starting, Sometimes anyway, Now, if it is the TPS, which you friend very well may be correct, I will do a search for an image right now.

33,845

The TPS is this

33,845

and is mounted next to throttle body---past air filter before air actually enters engine ...click for full screen

33,845

This is Accent...but still Hyundai and similar or same

Tim01
130

There is a TSB (technical service bulletin) related to this concern. There should be a stored code in the history of the computer. The correction is the replacement of the TPS with an updated part and also a reprogramming of the ECM. Both must be done to correct this problem.