I need rear brakes on "08 CRV. Mechanic says parking brake will not work afterwards. Is this true??

2fussy
0

Asked by 2fussy Jun 11, 2013 at 08:06 AM about the 2008 Honda CR-V EX

Honda "08 CRV in need of rear brakes.  How does this repair affect the parking brake?

DavidH25

Idiot mechanic. That's ridiculous. Go somewhere else, dealer if you want very good service but more cost. but a reputable shop can do a brake job and be able to re connect parking brake

chevyboy1994
125

Yeah DavidH25 is right that mechanic is just trying to get out of some work take it to someone else.

2fussy
0

Idiot mechanic also said that the parking breaks are glued on and are very rusty and corroded. Is this a reason they may come off when cleaned up?

DavidH25

Does not matter. They can be repaired. How corroded can a 2008 BE? My 2006 is almost new looking. I had them inspected not long ago.

Best Answer
2fussy
0

Thanks, guys. Had the brake repair done and the parking brake still works!

DavidH25

Great! Happy to hear that. Now you know where NOT to go next time you need work, eh?