what causes dashboard to lose power in vw bettle

Barb Sudfeld
0

Asked by Barb Mar 09, 2013 at 10:20 AM about the 2008 Volkswagen Beetle S Convertible

judge_roy

Is it just the dashboard?...already, I'm thinking bad ground. In California one stands a better chance of comin' out corrosion free, but I suspect corrosion on the battery terminals, ground connection to the chassis, and engine...all must be able to pull a lot of amps...when corroded will give a "brown out" condition...as what you are experiencing today.

Best Answer
DavidH25

The lights on dash? Or all gauges? If it's lights only check your taillight fuse. Many cars when the tail lights go, the dash lights go with...so you will know you have no taillights. Now if it's all gauges, Bob has a very good thought there...and good morning Bob!

DavidH25

11 and 15..click on the image to see it

judge_roy

...mornin' to you my friend too- up all nite...the misses snores...can't get no sleep 'round here-