General opinion

Leonidas Maria Lyras
0

Asked by Leonidas Maria Aug 23, 2008 at 03:58 AM about the 2008 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD

I want to buy the new Dodge Calimber,what's your opinion about it?

23,635

I have a 2008 Caliber SE, which I have owned since December. It is an automatic transmission with A/C and not much else. ;) I love it. I average 28-30 mpg, with highs of up to 33mpg on certain highway trips. The car is fast enough to get on and off the highways here in PA which don't have long entrance ramps, and everything is positioned so that it's easy to work on -- plugs, oil filter, etc. I have just shy of 13,000 miles on mine and so far, no problems whatsoever.

Eddie Muro
5

I rented a Dodge Caliber when I went to Florida, it was the base model...my two previous trips to Florida I rented a Magnum....which of coarse on the rental version didn't have the Magnum engine, but the wagon was a perfect choice for vacationing in Florida with the whole family. On the trip in June, it was just me, the wife, and our 2 year old son...we left the teenage daughters home....I didn't need such a large car as the Magnum but I wanted a hatch to make it easier for getting the stroller and the luggage in out. Well, I have to say.... for a base model car it was nicely appointed, and had enough room, but the seats....they were the most uncomfortable seats my wife and I ever sat in.....I will never rent another one of those....sorry!