is 142K miles too much to buy a used 2007 Dodge Caliber for about $6K

rneely2459
0

Asked by rneely2459 Jun 28, 2013 at 02:56 PM about the 2007 Dodge Caliber

I'm looking at a 2007 Dodge Caliber and it has 142,000 miles on it. I expect to keep it a
couple years.

82,625

$6K is a fair asking retail price, try to get it for $5k if you really want it. 142k is not a lot of miles these days. Have it inspected before you purchase it.

Bowlpacker
95

Overall mileage is just one factor in buying a car. For example a car with many many highway miles that has been well maintained will be a much better buy than a car with lower in town mileage that has been neglected. 142k miles isnt all that bad but you may need to change some things like Belts, fuel pumps etc. test drive it and if it has service records and has been maintained use your best judgement and buyt he vehicle if its the one you want. the 5-6k price range has a good amount of vehicles

justme23
10

I'm a little bit late on this question, but I agree the mileage isn't all that bad. Most people see that year or older with 40-60k miles and think that's awesome. Depending on how old the model that can actually be bad. It means the car was rarely driven and the fluids haven't been circulated often which could cause more problems then it's worth down the road. If it makes you feel better my woman without my knowledge went out and bought a 2007 and paid about 12k for it, and I was not happy at all. So 6k doesn't sound as bad as you may think.