Passenger Tail light out new bulb and fuses are not blown

rebelkansas
0

Asked by rebelkansas Sep 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4WD

I have a 04 Tahoe , the passenger tail light does not work but the brake lights do , fuses from in the cab are not
blown . could be a ground wire ?

Ronc258
3,430

Does it have the tow package? If so there are more fuses under the hood usually on the drivers side. There are seperate fuses for each side for blinker,tail light,brake light

Ronc258
3,430

It could all so be a bad ground but you would probly be haveing problems with all the lights on that side. But does not hurt to check the ground

rebelkansas
0

after following the wires from the tail light down there is a 'junction" not sure of the name of it but mud had clumped on top of the wires and pulled it out of the connection , after fixing it a week later had to redo it after more mud pulled the wire out again . Solved it by welding a metal plate to cover the ' junction' . thanks for the answers tho

Jesse Hernandez
70

I am having same problem on driver side 01. Have checked diff bulbs plus old bulb in passenger socket, all bulbs are good. I Tried to testlight it, and got nothing... I have followed wires to pass light, then back to driver side, there's also a junction in the middle where it goes to plate lights, one plate light was broken n my dad took it upon himself to pull the bulb out n put anew one(which ddnt work...) And now the tail lights out... I've removed the new plate bulb, n still nothing. Ddnt notice if light was out or not b4 bulb was replaced, so yeah... I DO have tow package, and have checked interior AND engine compartment fuse boxes, found NO blown fuses... And there's no loose connection anywhere also... Please help...

Michael Tutty
5,065

There is a multi-connector where the trailer lights tee off from the wiring harness. There is a good chance that some dirt has packed in there.

Jesse Hernandez
70

Looks like a harness? I got one comin from the front, clipped up right under driver quarter panel, n then bout 6", another, bigger one clippe there, lools,like ot might tee off....

Michael Tutty
5,065

That bigger one is the one I meant.

Jesse Hernandez
70

Alright, thank you. My father in law is a electrical mechanic, n we still cldntfind it... But both lights run feminine main, so we just jumped it. Lol

Big_Reps
10

It's the rear lights junction box