do I need to worry about the engine light on my z06 after being told not to, ...that it was only the egr temperature sensor ,or do i need to replace the cooling unit? If so , wats the cost?

poppop14
5

Asked by poppop14 Aug 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

68,705

Who said not to worry about it? Yes, you can continue to drive it for the time being it won't hurt anything. But I would get the sensor replaced at some point, when you have time and or money. I hate that light staring me in the face. As far as cost, get some estimates, every shop is different. My guess is $150 with cost of part and labor/diagnosis.

califcarson
2,075

The sensor light activated for a reason. What caused it to come on, and what did the readout say caused it? Are you overheating, low oil pressure? OX sensor picking up anything? Start there. The mechanic should be able to reset the warning light. My light comes on every time I fill up with gas because the gas tank sensor is bad and shows I'm low on fuel. After 1/8 tank is used, and I start the car, the light is off and the gauge works fine. I hate those lights, with today's technology the computer should tell you what is the problem, not having to pay GM 125 bucks to tell you to ignore the light?