what does it mean when it sounds like debris is constantly hitting underneath my car

juleskbos12
0

Asked by juleskbos12 Jul 12, 2013 at 08:20 AM about the 2007 Toyota RAV4 Base V6

I was driving on the highway this morning and I went to take an exit and all of a sudden it
sounded like I switched from a paved road to a dirt road and debris was kicking up
underneath my car. I didnt think anything of it but the sound continued and got louder
when I went faster. It would stop for a few moments while I was driving but start up again
until I parked my vehicle. What does this mean?

DavidH25

You, or somebody, needs to jack it up, please, properly, do not get under a car with the jack supplied with it for changing a tire....and inspect everything. Exhaust hanger may be flopping around, something like that. Look for anything that appears out of the ordinary, compare side to side on the shocks/struts, make sure all lug nuts are there and tight, anything you can see.

jamnblues
3,915

"sounds" like a splash pan came loose and was dragging on the ground- you may not have to jack it up- just look under the front of your car, first

DavidH25

True. I got ahead of myself.

jamnblues
3,915

Morning, David- I got 5 bucks that says he's already done this anyway

juleskbos12
0

Thank you to both of you for the ideas. Have not tried either yet but will do so when home from work. Appreciate the help!

jamnblues
3,915

DOH!