starting problems

SuzukiXL7
0

Asked by SuzukiXL7 Apr 08, 2010 at 11:31 PM about the 2007 Suzuki XL-7 Luxury

When I turn key - I get nothing (like a bad ignition switch).  Other times, it will turn over (and over and over and over) and finally, after 5-15 seconds, it finally starts (acts like it's out of gas)

ragpa
30

I had the same problem this morning! Wondering if others have had the same problem I havea 2008 XL7.

papa

sounds like you have a fuel suply problem have the fuel pressure checked or your crank sensor is going bad.

liljeepgirlnen
30

I just bought my sx4 on Sat (used, 2007 20,000 miles) and it seems that it takes a few seconds to turn over as well. It feels like it chokes a bit. I thought it was just me not being use to driving that kind of car (im use to my jeep) so i wasnt to worried. This morning I got a little bit nervous as if it wouldnt start right away. Also a light that looked like a horshoe with an exclamation point (next to the daylights image on the dash) stayed on for about 5 miles. My car didnt come with a manual so now im worried. Did you bring yours in for service yet?

papa

the horse shoe light is a tire air pressure scensor,check your air pressure.

drdata
10

We had the same problem. Dealer says it's "bad gas", but it keeps happening. Taking it back into dealer again tomorrow.

flwrgardnr
50

We just bought a used 2007 suzuki xl7, we've been having problems with the tire pressure light not wanting to go off although the tire pressure is fine. They put a couple new sensors on it the problem came back. The check engine light comes on we've taken it in twice for that. All 3 times we've gassed up the vehicle it won't start right and when it does finally start it moves very slow when you put it into gear. THe RPM's are less than 1000 for a little bit then all of a sudden it revs up and drives fine. Our suzuki dealer doesn't have a suzuki mechanic anymore and they can't diagnose the problem. Has anyone found anything that will take care of the problem? Thanks

Jimbo Keller
30

flwrgardnr .... I HAVE A 2008 AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM EXCEPT I BROUGHT IT TO THE DEALERSHIP THEY FIXED IT BUT AFTER 3 WEEKS PROB WAS BACK I JUST BROUGHT IT BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP FOR THE 4TH TIME SO IM JUST AS INTERESTED AS U TO FIND OUT THE PROBLEM.

Skunkwerks
10

I have the same problem. All the sudden it won't start and all electrical goes crazy. I think it's a computer issue, not mechanical. Is there a way to switch out the computer?

JEFFB1963
30

This is Jeff from Drivers Choice. We have a 2008 XL7 here doing the same thing. turn the key and nothing, or click, click, then start. it is loosing its signal from the computer to the starter relay(yellow wire). have not fully diagnosed it yet. Possible bad Ignition switch loosing its resistance. Going to try an ignition switch first. if not that, sending to dealer for computer warranty. This car has 69000 miles.

Dawn1991
55

This was a problem with my 2007. We think we have it fixed. It turned out there was moisture under the fuse box, and corrosion on many wires coming from it (including the fuel pump connection) . It took them 6 months, four visits, (one included a battery change), and two times sending a tow truck...finally they have it fixed they believe. Still waiting on it and have a loaner.