A/C problems

Andrius
0

Asked by Andrius Mar 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM about the 2001 Saab 9-3 SE

please help me. i have a 2001 SAAB 9-3 SE. whenever i want it to blow cold air it just blows out air that feels warm, like it will blow out just a little bit cold air when im on the interstate. i had the problem last year in the summer time and my dad which is a mechanic and works on foregin cars including SAAB, he said it was the compressor, so i got a new compressor and filter for it and did everyhting needed for the compressor, and nothing changed! it still blows out room temperature! and sometimes when im at a stop light. i turn off the ac and then when i start driving again it will blow cold air for like 2 minutes. like i dont know what is going on! i love my car so much! and i want to fix this problem! please keep in touch with me

rtty
20

Change the air filter, not the air for the engine, the other one..

Paul 'blart' Merrett
0

hi maybe the a/c gas needs refilling. doesnt cost much.

Allan Spittal
45

your a/c is low in freon (r134a), this is to be a closed system, just like the cooling system, when it blows warmer air, there is a lack of compressable gas within the system. yor system must be checked for a leak and repaired properly before it will work

BJuergens
40

I'm getting an '03 Saab 9-3 with a similar issue. This is just my theory, and I would just look into it rather than run with it. The compressor in this Saab works fine, and blows cold air. Only issue is that it will just stop randomly. The compressor is capable of working, it's something telling it to stop, which means... computer. Very scary considering the car is a class of its own.