my abs and brake light will not go off...My battery and alternator tested good. Brand new brakes and rotors, along with battery connection cables.

GJones4122
10

Asked by GJones4122 Mar 06, 2014 at 06:33 PM about the 2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0

82,245

ABS light is probably due to a faulty wheel sensor or ABS module. The brake light might be related, or your low on brake fluid and have a leak. Have the car scanned for the ABS codes, the code will tell you what the issue is.

GJones4122
10

Thanks Tom...I paid $65 for that yesterday, and this EuroMech shop tried telling me that its my alternator!! He said my alternator is giving too much power 15v so it's making the lights come on... BULLshit! Alternator just tested good a few months ago with charging system test...