Car Battery dying , even after new battery change

Raihan Ahmed
515

Asked by Raihan May 11, 2013 at 05:55 PM about the 2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Just the other day , the car started fine , but after driving for less than 5 mins all the electronics failed and just died ,
after getting jump start and charging battery from the other car , it lasted again till i got to the parking lot . Long story
short checked all the Fuses , changed to a brand new battery, cleaned out battery leads  still nothing.
Car still starts up , if the battery is charged from another car.Seems that my car is not charging the battery at all

Strange that the alternator just died overnight, would appreciate ne insight on this

got the following codes:

P1638
P1603
P1000
P1793

Dash warning dislayed,  battery light went on first, then ABS ,gear box  fault,and boom jag is dead

judge_roy

...well there is so much to say about this car, but let's start with your codes, shall we--- P1638 is "CAN link ecm/instm circuit/network malfunction P1603 is EEPROM Malfuntion (which is electronically erasable programmable read-only memory) if this helps P1000 is NOT a Jaguar trouble code P1793 is Air Intake Volume Malfuntions

Best Answer
judge_roy

...what I think is going on here is that the chassis ground (the ground black cable going to the chassis/ground is clobbered up and not letting good solid many amps through and creating a "brown out" condition with your electronics...it cannot go to ground, so it goes where it shouldn't is the scourge of galvonic semi-conductor technology. What you must do is break out the garden hose and with the blaster setting, blast away the bolt that connects the ground, then disassemble, wirebrush and re-tighten this 1/0 battery cable and the one that goes to the engine block as this is going to need to pull 300 Cold Cranking Amps on startup...and will heat and start all things touching or nearby on fire...we can't have that...make it a solid many amp conneciton...battery if new should not give us any trouble, but if you have a multimeter check it for 12.5 not running and 13.5 or more while running~

Best Answer
judge_roy

thanks for ignoring me, buddy---I worked my ass off to bring this information to you for NO PAY~! and don't even get a ho-ho-ho, aye matey, top-o-the mornin'-here's spit in your eye, rub-of-the-brush, cash on the barrelhead, pet robot needs feeding and maintenance-

Best Answer
Raihan Ahmed
515

Thanks alot for your help ,do appreciated your time and effort, will try your advise soon it stops raining here.Let u know the outcome, again thanks

Raihan Ahmed
515

Took your advise cleaned all the ground connections and reconnected them with sanding too, but still same condition, checked the voltage of the alternator comes to 11.5 which clearly not enough , seems like either cables and alternator is out . :(