Where is the car battery in this car?

Alex Stulic
30

Asked by Alex Jan 06, 2014 at 12:54 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

I don't see the battery anywhere can anyone help? What do I have to do to get to the car battery?

96,125

"The battery is located on the driver's side of the vehicle, behind the headlight. You'll need to remove the cross-bar (2 bolts on the front, one in the back). Next, you'll need to remove the windshield-washer reservoir (small lag screw in the back, a couple of plastic pins). Don't forget the electrical connector on the back of the reservoir. The battery should be exposed at this point. Remove the negative (black) cable from the battery and tuck out of the way. If there's a bracket holding the battery, remove it now. Remove the positive (red) cable and the battery should be free and clear. Reverse the order to install the new battery (put the negative cable on LAST). Don't forget to have the radio code to unlock the radio one the battery is removed.

Alex Stulic
30

I don't see a crossbar...

96,125

I couldn't find any info on a '92, that is for a '95 or newer and was hoping it was the same. IF there is no bar, then look under the windshield washer reservior, is there a battery?

Alex Stulic
30

yes sorry there is a bar I took the bar off the windshield washer reservoir looks like a lot of trouble to take off

Alex Stulic
30

I got to the battery but the battery won't come out

Alex Stulic
30

..

Alex Stulic
30

hellpp

Norman Lowe
0

When you are looking to buy a car, raise the hood. If you can't see the battery, spark plugs, and oil filter, close the hood and walk away. Good design starts with easy maintenance.