1998 XJ8 questions.

chasking
5

Asked by chasking Oct 02, 2007 at 10:51 PM about the 1998 Jaguar XJ-Series 4 Dr XJ8

What to do about phantom gauge lights on 1998 XJ8.  The red and amber lights come on when nothing seems to be wrong with engine operation. It is not over heating and there is plenty of fluid level. And, how do you check the transmission fluid levels and put in fluid? I can't even find a dipstick. Also, what causes gauge to say,low engine coolant when it is full.

Zachary Riddle
50

Okay where do I begin. your phantom lights are most likely caused by computer error. This is a very common problem in the older model xj8. As far as the transmission fluid if you cannot find a dip stick you can check the fluid level and its quality with the fill and check bolt located on the side of the trany under the car. However look very carefully for a dip stick there are sometimes very difficult to find.