I have just bought a 2001 c70 volvo conv its mint condition but when u drive it it feels like there is a juddering through the body could this be shockers or joints anybody have any ideas

Andy Cook
0

Asked by Andy Oct 11, 2012 at 02:11 PM about the 2001 Volvo C70 2 Dr HT Turbo Convertible

TupeloMS
370

does this happen all the time or when letting off the gas?

Andy Cook
0

All the time it feels like the shockers arnt working right its like a judder through the car but i didnt know if this was just because it was a convertible as this is the first one i have owned

TupeloMS
370

The reason I asked is because my front axle on my all wheel drive Durango made it shudder. It sounded like the transmission was messing up. I thought it was the torque converter but about 100 or so miles later the axle broke. I guess sometimes you have to wait till it breaks

John Leone
4,355

could be too many things for that description, perhaps an unbalanced, unevenly worn tire, bent rim, warped axle, if driving, do you feel it in the seat more, or steering wheel more, (in your seat/ass means it's originating from the rear of the car/steering wheel-dash board from the front).....let me know

Andy Cook
0

When i drive the car if i look in the rear view mirror the back window shudders from side to side when u hit a bump so i thought it might be the back shockers its a strange feeling

Andy Cook
0

Sorry and seat more

John Leone
4,355

is there a hard thump over bumps, non-flat surfaces? is it at all speeds, (and you seat indicates from the rear of the car), is that specific one front or rear wheel drive?

John Sturman
1,095

sounds like your dampers may be set to hard,that or a damage axle

Karl Evenson
25

This is probably just because it is a convertible, my C70 has quite a lot of cowl shake, and this is just normal in convertibles

barryrichard
0

another thing to check might be the engine mounts need replacing. if your car has a lot of miles, it could cause the shuddering when you are accelerating.