Is there not anyone out there that can answer my question? I have the Nissan Sentra ser 2006 2.5 engine. When I tried to start it I heard a slight clunk and now all it does is try to turn over but will not start. Can anyone help? I have two intviews this week and a job to get to so I really do need to get my car fixed today.

girlbfree
0

Asked by girlbfree Jan 01, 2013 at 10:01 AM about the 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Last night I asked if anyone can help me with a problem I am having with myt car.  I went to start it, heard a cluck, now all it does is turn over but not start.  I really need an answer today so I can get to work and two job interviews this week.  Someone please help me.

18,575

do you have any fuel pressure?

122,995

+1, Also did you pop the hood or get under the car to determine what the clunk was or if something broke? You didn't give us enough information to determine a fix or cause without us guessing.

dantonelli
0

The only thing I would try before calling a tow truck would be to hold the gas pedal to the floor and crank for at least 30 seconds without letting up. Try it in the warmest part of the day to give yourself the best chance.

TonytheWoodsman
1,285

When was the last time the timing belt was changed? Those can break. If it broke while trying to start it there may not be a lot of damage done to the engine. As Tom said, you didn't give enough info.

girlbfree
0

According to Auto Zone the year my car is there is a chain not a belt and he said those do not usually break

girlbfree
0

The car sounds like it wants to start but it does not start

TonytheWoodsman
1,285

It could be a lot of things, Timing chain jumped a tooth, Frozen water in fuel line, camshaft sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter. Have someone that is mechanical, shoot some starting fluid into the intake to see if it fuel related.

Best Answer
girlbfree
0

The car turns it just will not start. But anyway, where is the timing chain located? It is not cold enough here so I doubt there is frozen water in the fuel line. How can you tell if a sensor is bad? Someone check two different sensors but we could not figure out if they were bad.

Dylan Dietrich
55

butterflies or precat problem. was a huge huge downfall of the b15 ser and spec v

TonytheWoodsman
1,285

Timing chain is located on front of engine under a cover that goes from the top of the engine to the bottom . Also there could be an electrical problem with the distributor. Is there any check engine lights on? If so getting it read, would point you in the right direction of the problem.

122,995

Like Tony suggested you will need to take your car in for a mechanic to look at it tomorrow. Your issue isn't something that is a quick fix by your descriptions. It will take some tools and diagnostic work. Plus you don't have time to spend searching for the problem at this point in time.

Robert Lavallee
1,995

the clunk could be the valves inside of the intake certain years have a recall on the screws holding the plated to open and close the valves up in the intake losing their screws and going into engine and wrecking the engine. it was on the 2.5l in the sentrs and altimas and if that's what it was it'll possibly be covered under warranty due to the recall.