My car is making a scraping sound in the wheel area. The brakes are 3 mo. old?

mattwhyte23
0

Asked by mattwhyte23 Jan 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM about the 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8

Eliezer Rivera
215

If your brakes still have enough life in them the issue might be the wheel bearings. Have them checked and replaced if bad.

L_R
295

The thin metal part behind the disc may also be touching it. It's there to protect other parts from brake dust and to protects disc from what could touch or splash on it. Just remove the wheel and look behind the disc. If it's your case, just put on gloves and bend this metal part with your hands. It's pliable.