my car is 1998 chevy lumina wen i start my car it will rock and wen i put it in drive it accelerates by itself. the rocking stops while in motion and continues when stoped. i noticed the muffler was stuckunderneith my bumper and a sheet of metal was blocking the exhaust pipe. for how long it was like that i dont know but i removed the peice of metal and my car is still having problem help please!

Asked by tonilopez90 Jan 17, 2013 at 03:13 AM about the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

Tom Torres

any check engine light? if so get the codes read at an auto parts store does it flash?

check for a broken motor mount. sounds like it may be moving around and pulling on the accelerator cable.