Why does a buzzer sound when The top is down and I put it in drive?

Billsbug
0

Asked by Billsbug May 06, 2013 at 07:45 PM about the 2004 Volkswagen Beetle GLS 2.0L Convertible

I just bought a 2004 VW convertible with no owners manual. I put the top down and drove
a short ways and a warning buzzer went off. Is there something I need to do before the
top is secure?

judge_roy

sounds like you've answered your own question...I'l just go and have a cocktail now...

45,675

The warning light will stay on and periodically beep at you if you do not retract the top and hold the button in position long enough to allow the secondary "motor catch" to lock the top in place. When the top retracts it will appear to stop, but then you will hear a different sound as the top then retracts an additional 1-2 inches as it locks into place.

Best Answer
14,195

That sounds good judge. But everytime I make a trip to my fridge to my dismay there are no cocktails to be found. Perhpas I need a new one that comes with a cocktail waitress.