How many catalytic converters are there ?

Makie Saeger
0

Asked by Makie Feb 03, 2013 at 07:25 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition

judge_roy

One, unless you're in south america....then none.

55,495

There's a dozen engines listed for the '01 Jetta. The 2.8L V6 looks to have three converters. Two small ones in the down tubes and a larger third one further back. - What engine do you have and why do you want to know?

7jimmy7
11,795

mr. makie okoll , look under the car okoll , each one has an o2 sensor okoll

judge_roy

Wolfsburg edition.

judge_roy

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-54281/overview/model/jetta

Ilregal

What's an o2 sensor? and did you know that there are valuable metal in a catalytic converter and people steal them? Someone told me this a while back about how one day he got in his truck and literally got the crap scared out of himself when he started the engine and not cat conversation. And well I could tell you more about this but I'm busy.

Ilregal

Google, Google, Google

Ilregal

There is the 3-way catalyst style, so go check out this brand and you'll be fine: Eastern Catalytic Converter - Eastern ECO III - Natural OE Replacement 49-state Legal - NO CA Shipments 2000-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Eastern ECO III Series Catalytic Converter 3 decades of advancement is proof enough that Eastern is the top maker of the highest quality aftermarket replacement and OE catalytic converters on the industry. Their ECO Series Catalytic Converters which are developed to help keep the Check Engine Light (MIL) off is another set of catalytic converters with top notch quality. The Eastern ECO III Series Catalytic Converter is designed with twice the amount of Rhodium for vehicles with emissions that are out of the normal range. It features wash coats with greater loadings of precious metals to handle applications with ultra low emissions, higher than normal emissions, as well as vehicles with higher mileage and heavier workloads. Features and Benefits: Engineered with Eastern's proprietary NANO technology yielding highly efficient loadings for lower cost and better converter efficiency Features an advanced materials design for maximum engine output and performance Specifications: 3-way catalyst style 4-bolt welded type inlet 2.33 in. outlet 42 in. overall length With two 18 mm style oxygen sensor ports Standard assembly with two catalytic converters Round body Single inlet and outlet configuration