I have a '99 Chevy Lumina LTZ. Recently the low oil light came on and sure enough it was low (but had been checked just the week before and was fine). Then, recently the "service engine soon" light came on. I checked all fluids and everything was fine. Manual says it could be something to do with emissions?? Do I need to get it to a mechanic ASAP? I am wanting to sell this car in the near future. Thank you!

CrazieVet
0

Asked by CrazieVet Mar 27, 2014 at 09:01 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LTZ Sedan

Gabriel Labarge
20

Your front crank shaft seal is probably leaking behind the balancer. And if you put gas in your car with it running it will set a code for small evap leak.