I have a 99 chevy lumina 3.1L it keeps overheating, ive change the water pump, radiatior, thermostat,& intake gasket. any ideas?

arehim
0

Asked by arehim Sep 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

I need to fix the problem I cant afford a new car and I need to get to work and school help!

127,835

Any leaks? Did you properly bleed the system of air?

arehim
0

can not bleeding the coolant cause overheating? i dont think i did bleed it. and there doesnt seem to be any leaks but there is some coolant residue by the thermostat housing.

arehim
0

and it is not smoking up when the gauge reads to overheating.

crash77
125

do you smell antifreeze in the car or under the hood. with the car running (warm)and the heat on open the cap and see if the fluid level is up and it is circulating or squeeze both radiator hoses (hot) if you can feel fluid moving

crash77
125

slowly open the cap with rag and keep your face away just in case

califcarson
6,145

Did anyone check the oil to see if there is any leakage going into the engine block? The oil will be a milky color if it is. AND be very careful opening the radiator cap. The system is under pressure and is very hot. If you have not done it before, find someone skilled in doing it for you as you watch. If you don't take caution, the paramedics that respond to your facial burns may do it for you.