What are the common causes of power window failure?

vanman53
35

Asked by vanman53 May 17, 2008 at 01:42 PM about the 2000 Volkswagen EuroVan 3 Dr MV Passenger Van

My driver side window quit working. Is there a relay or fuse somewhere? The owners manual talks about circuit breakers that reset but does not indicate location.

Sean Butt
320

On a euro van it is most likely the power window switch on the door, but it could also be the window motor regulator. It is most likely not a fuse. Good luck!

26,205

There are also power window relays on some cars which will cause issues.

stanislavf
0

Did you ever figure this out? I actually have ALL the power windows (both front) and the sunroof and the power mirrors not working, which DOES indicate a circuit breaker ... which supposedly this has. I HAVE the Bentley repair manual that the shops supposedly use in an "e" form. It is the most worthless manual ever produced. The location for the circuit breaker is supposedly above the main relay and fuse area. However, the 2000 van, nothing exists above there that remotely resembles the diagram.

Soltice84
20

I have the same problem! Where is the circuit breaker for the 2000 Eurovan?

PaulBeaubier
20

Check the wires in the armpit, between the door and thte body. My 2002 had broken and cracked wired there.

vanman53
35

Thanks for the reply, I had it repaired sometime ago and it turned out to be broken wires just as you thought.

spraint
0

I repaired window regulators and replaced relays ( $200+) before I discovered a broken wire in the wire loom at the door hinge. Check the integrity of all wires in the bundle that go through the door hinge.

Meleea Velzy
10

My drivers window made a crunch noise & went down. I had to replace the regulator!

Buckeye_Bubba
0

The wires in my 1999 Eurovan between the door and the body were broken. Repaired the wires and all is good.