Alarm is armed and the car won't start?

Cynthia Massmann
30

Asked by Cynthia Feb 10, 2011 at 05:33 PM about the 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

My battery corrodes for some reason, if I forget to check on it, it won't charge and my battery drains. So yesterday, I went to start me car and say my displays were blank. Yep, dead battery. So I put it on the charger and cleaned the terminals. But now something has happened that didn't happen before. The car alarm is armed (I don't lock my doors, so I've never set the alarm), I open the door, it goes off. I can get it to stop from the passenger side, but not the driver side. But then, I stop it and try to start the car, not only will the car not even try to start, the alarm goes off again! I don't have an owner's manual for this car, the previous owner's had lost it (*grumbles*) and I'm not finding the answer on the net.

Mike Bonnell
5,625

Use the key to lock the car from the drivers door - Click it locked two / three times Wait 30 seconds - Unlock the car using the key in the drivers door UNlock the car two / three times See if the car starts - If not repeat from Passenger door ... Keep us informed.

Best Answer
Cynthia Massmann
30

It worked! Hurray!!! Thank you so much!

Mike Bonnell
5,625

Mark me as helpful please :O) Yer welcome sir

Chris Hsu
50

It's pretty easy actually - just click the unlock button on your remote, or put your key in the drivers side door and turn it to the left until the alarm goes off. Then you should be able to start the car no problem. If that doesn't work, try locking the car again, and unlocking with either the key or remote, or try putting the key in the iginition and turn to on, but don't start.

psmooth21
30

I have a question I'm trying to start the car but it won't start..... A night before this happen the car ran out of oil and shut off without starting again nothing died at all engine still work and everything. Sooooo I put oil in it and tried to have it jump but when it sound like it was starting the alarm started to go off and I don't know why I charge the battery and it stills goes off idk what to do but I need an answer for what to do when everytime I start the car the alarm goes off please someone answer me........

Wendy Mitchum
0

What happens if you are missing the keylocks on both doors?? Had to climb in the trunk to unlock the doors today because passenger one popped out(driver one popped out a few months back). Tried the battery disconnect. This is a smart car! Dang it!

Missanne
150

In my case..I had to reset my car alarm by using the key to unlock my TRUNK! It worked like a charm...no more problems with my alarm system..car starts and all is well!

Fkpeach
110

Question went to unlock my car(I have a 2001 cabrio vw) and it wldnt unlock key kept going around so it's striped but the alarm went off opening my door and I can't shut it off now start my car. How do I dis arm the alarm all together? I don't has the remote. Just my key which now doesn't work in the door. Pls help

melic
0

that advice totally worked woooh!!! ^o^

romo956
0

I need help yesterday my battery discharged and I took it to autozone so they can charge it for 2 hours and when I install the battery to my car my cat won't start and before I forget to type it I have a car alarm