1989 honda accord LXi

zoids247621
0

Asked by zoids247621 Jan 15, 2011 at 09:12 PM about the 1989 Honda Accord Lxi

my honda accord will turn over and act like it wants to start but wont turn over i have replaced the fuel pump, would it be the fuel filters? i dont know whats up please help?

Don Helms
85

I have had the same problem with my 92 accord I replaced the fuel pump and filter and it was fine for a while but it acted up again after sitting in a hot parking lot all day and I have had people tell me it could be a relay or sensor somewhere that could be causing it

Samuel Nadeau
195

Well you need 3 tings fuel spark and air. Check all thos 1st. Then move on to the main relay. After all that and still nothing check your distributor. Hondas are known for bad dizzys. Check the stuff you can do for free be4 buying throwing money away at parts you might not need.

Samuel Nadeau
195

Also if you much much better help this FB app. come on over to the Honda forum I run. www.hondaaccordforum.com we have a bunch of god guys who can get your prob. solved fairly fast. www.hondaaccordforum.com

Don Helms
85

I forgot about the spark test I had to do to determine if it was fuel or or spark issue but my car had spark and started when spraying Carb cleaner in the air box indicating fuel problem

Edward Long
75

well that happened 2 me on my 89 honda lxi and relaced the fuel um and it was the fuel pump relay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edward Long
75

instead of replacen the relay i ran a toggle switch with a fuse. that is ur problem i promise

Debra Scott
0

Did you ever resolve this? I am experiencing something similar. Were any of the suggestion or replies helpful?

princessGA
35

@ don, did you ever find out what was wrong with your 92 honda? I have a 1992 honda dx and i also replaced the fuel pump and filter, sparkplugs and wires,distributor cap and button. After i had my fuel pump and filter replaced i drove it home and 2 days after that. Then it got really hot one day and it was in the parking lot and i went to crank it and it wouldn't crank. the next day i tried to crank it and it cranked and the rpm was jumping so bad and then it cut off and wouldn't crank again. i don't know what is wrong with this car??? cause today i went to crank it.. and the battery went dead but the interior light works. did you have to replace the relay and what type of sensor would it be? and now

Vinny Majid
0

take to mechanic