starting problems 1989 Accord Lxi

cal
0

Asked by cal Aug 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM about the 1989 Honda Accord Lxi

Usually, my 1989 Lxi fires right up strongly. However, after sitting in the hot sun , it is a bit more finicky and takes more cranking. On occasion, if it fires up and immediately stalls during these times, I cannot get it started until 1-3 hours later. What is the problem?

dvigano
10,385

Hi cal, I would have your carburetor checked. There should be a warm idle adjustment. This could be slightly off causing your problem. Good luck!

cal
0

There is no carburetor - it's fuel injected.

kernsrock
10

Its your main relay. There is a PC board in the housing with bad solder joints. The main relay is by the fuse box inside the car.