Plug wires 1,3,&5 are burnt in near about the same spots. I didn't see any arc spots on the engine either.

Richie Ray
0

Asked by Richie Jul 25, 2013 at 09:55 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Impala Base

The car also won't crank. Spin over but
no crank.

4,745

well half of your wires are shot so no the car shouldn't start. Perhaps they haven't been replaced in a long time. Are these the back plug wires? Just replace them

califcarson
2,045

If your motor spins, it is cranking. Where are the burn marks? Near the exhaust pipes? After so long the heat will break down the insulation and the wires will melt.If your shorting out the wires, it mnay attempt to stat=rt bu it may be a no go. Replace the wires, make sure they are not touching the exhaust pipes or manifold. There is a wrap you can put around the wires if it is a problem with clearance that may help also. Are the burned spots in the wires next to each other? If so they may have shorted out the electronic ignition. Pull the plugs, replace them while your at it, and before putting them in, turn over the engine to make sure you have spark at the plugs.

Pedro Batista
135

check for gound cable , this is used to complete the circuit.check if there is power and gound in the fog light