my abs, trac off and check engine lights are on at the same time. Can anyone tell me why?

lestee
65

Asked by lestee Aug 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Impala LS

My son borrowed the car. The ABS, TRAC OFF nad CHECK ENGINE lights come on when when you start it up.

Chris McGee
2,745

on start up it is a diagnostic check of all systems, nothing to worry about unless it does this while driving or after started

lestee
65

Chris, The lights stay on while the car is running. They won't go off and I need to get it inspected soon. Lestee

67,955

ABS and Trac OFF usually indicate a dirty or faulty ABS wheel sensor. You'll have to scan for the codes to see why the check engine light is on.

Best Answer
Tyler Tarrence
75

the abs and trac is the wheel speed sensor, you will probably have to replace the hub if it is anything like it was on my grand prix, good luck!

Esau
0

I have the same problem with my 2001 chevy impala. Car runs great! Replaced the maf and map sensor as I'm getting code p0102 I believe. You think the computer module under the air filter is bad maybe? I need a quick fix.

Esau
0

Feel free to contact me 704 313 9082