Brakes

stev123
0

Asked by stev123 Aug 29, 2009 at 09:51 AM about the 2003 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 VDC Wagon

Just bought a used 2003 H6-3.0 wagon and it needs brakes to pass the safety. Used car dealer said they will replace with a NAPA generic rotor and pads. According to what I've read the 2 front breaks are vented and all 4 are slightly oversized. My question to the CarGurus is the replacement parts okay to install, will the calipors be okay as is and what should I do to make sure they are the vented type once I pick up on possession date on September 8, 2009.
Thank you.
Steve

stev123
0

Just spoke with the used car dealer and yes they will be installing the vented rotors. As far as the calipers they will service them - meaning clean and lubricated. So I'm okay with that.