power windows

srthomas
0

Asked by srthomas Dec 22, 2009 at 09:21 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Dr GT Coupe

I have had periodic problems with the windows every since I bought this car, but lately the drivers side window wouldn't work.  Recently the window worked just long enough to go down, but now won't go up.  Anyone know how to fix it?

Adam Rolland
305

same thing happened to me, first i'd start off by unplugging your window switch from the door. then use this diagram http://theblattners.com/pics/_automotive/_wiringdiagrams/98GP_2Door_PowerWindows.jpg try to jump the wires manually and see if the window will go up/down if it does you've got a bad switch if it doesent you have a bad window motor. thats more or less it.

Adam Rolland
305

btw: Grounding the Brown wire and juming Dark Blue wire to 12 volts should raise the window if the motor is OK. Just make sure the switch is unplugged when you do this or you'll short the 12 volt ckt to ground.

cub
10

it is ur window motor. just got mine up. take off the door panel. thier are 3 screws that hold the motor in the door. take them out and pull the motor out as far as it will go. on the motor casing their are 4 small screws. take them off and their will be a blue spindle that turns. u can turn i by hand or us a cordless drill to turn it. hope it works out for u. this is a one time fix i think. pulled the plug for the windows.

Chase Stenson
0

this totally worked for us! Thank you soo much! We need a new motor for sure, but at least the window is up now!

Keith Nation
0

I bought 3 power window switches for my 1994 pontiac Grand prix and on all the pin configuration is different is there a new wiring configuration I need to do if so what is it