how long does a grand cherokee last? (mileage wise)

jlefevere
0

Asked by jlefevere Jan 14, 2007 at 06:31 PM about the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD

how long does a grand cherokee 1999 last? (mileage wise)
i would like to buy one but do you know if this car have some problem ???
thanks

17,745

The problem with buying a used car is that you have no idea how well the previous owner treated the car. A car can run well for a long time if the it has been taken car of by its owners (proper maintenance, oil changes...) Generael consensus by Grand Cherokee drivers is that the brakes are an area of concern. It seems that many people have had to replace the brakes quite a few times so make sure to check those out before you purchase a Grand Cherokee. I drove a 99 Grand Cherokee until it had 160,000 miles on it so i can tell you from personal experience. I had to replace the transmission at 130,000 miles and the brakes had to be changed also. There were a few smaller problems with the vehicle but I can also tell you that I drove this car for 4 years and loved it. It can handle any weather thrown at it and the gas mileage wasn't terrible considering its an SUV.

Since59
145

I had a 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited V8. Air conditioning seemed to have difficulty keeping car cool in the summer. I agree about the brakes. Poor pedal feel and always seeming to need repair. Constant whine from rear axle. Never able to determine cause. Became very irritating on long drives. Never the less, great car for bad weather.

Autoguy
95

I still have mine. It has 137000+ on it. It still runs good too. I have to replace the real ball bearings and axles though

Bryan Palmer
195

i've got 200k on mine. Just blew up a trans. Motor still running strong. I offroad mine a ton though..that's why tranny went

dougo
10

Have a 97 Grand Cherokee with 115,000,runs good. I also have a 93 Grand Cherokee with 245,000. Runs good,everything works but now having what I believe to be security system/computer problems. Starts but immediately stalls.

Jay Morrissey
40

i have a 2000 with over 300000 km still runs great

Mike Jee
235

i have owned 6 jeeps nd the highest K i seen was 450000 straight 6 is known to last longer then the v8 i personaly get ride of my jeeps at about 300000 k

Matt Eaton
165

ive got a 95 grand cherokee laredo with around 230,000 miles on it

Matt Eaton
165

and its still running

MoparMan1990
55

i no someone with the 4.0 with 368,000 miles original motor and trans

Pulsating_Brakes
10

Verify brake calipers are changed. Originals have tsb issued to replace.cause rotor warping prematurely

fotonews
20

I have a grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2 with 177.000. Last year I went from Cartagena, Colombia all the way south to Santiago, Chile and back to Colombia. The Cherokee performed excellent but lately I have noticed that when i turn left it looses traction, I think is something with the differential but dont know exactly what. Any suggestions out there?

Richard Riggs
10

I have a 2005 Laredo that I purchased new. I drive a lot so I have 167300 miles on it now. Tires never seem to hold up as well as I would like but the only major thing I have none is rebuild the rear axle. I average about 30000 miles a year and the gas mileage is not that bad for a SUV. I am very curious to see how many miles it will go before it surrenders.

BeachWagon
0

My 95 XJ Cherokee Country has 240,000 miles and is going strong. Original 4.0 straight 6.