my 94 gmc sierra 1500 will start then dies and then wont start again for awhile

moneypit2
0

Asked by moneypit2 Nov 30, 2013 at 09:09 PM about the 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SL 4WD Standard Cab SB

i will start my truck and it will idle for alittle bit then it dies and wont start again for alittle while.  you can smell fuel like it is flooded.. can anyone help plz, pretty much have replaced everything, becoming a money pit

judge_roy

yes, the intake air temperature sensor is sending bogus data or disconnected~ https://www.google.com/#q=1994+GMC+Sierra+1500++IAT+sensor&tbm=s hop&spd=9043524995793856051

judge_roy

this little goodie replaces the heat riser, stove kit, diverter, heat riser and thermal choke with two position throttle....all that in one goodie~

judge_roy

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Standard/IAT_Sensor/SIAX32.html ~38.50 .... could be worse~

12,895

Intake air temp is not going to cause the engine to flood out, especially on an obd 1. Check your fuel pressure, could be the filter is clogged lowering the amount of available fuel and pressure, could be the pump is weakening with the increase in temperature from running both would not provide enough fuel preventing it from getting burnt properly causing the raw fuel smell. Could be a broken fuel pressure regulator diaphragm, causing the engine to actually flood out when it warms up and tries to idle down. Also check for spark after it dies, could be the coil or the pickup getting warm and quitting until it cools.