started stalling and dying when in gear

Devin Oxford
35

Asked by Devin Jul 28, 2008 at 01:27 AM about the 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE Extended Cab SB

350 motor
4L60E trans

Motor wants to stall while in gear (but doesn't do it out of gear once over 1000 rpm it dosent) seem to stall and it is only from a dead stop.  Fuel filter has been replaced and TBI was rebuilt last April but it sort of used to do something like this when it was like 40 degrees or below.

23,645

Could be torque converter lockup solenoid in the trans.

Jason Schiers
35

my experience with my 93 yukon was the idle air control moter.

Stephen Orr
0

Does it do it when it warms up? if once its warm it stops tryin to stall then i would say its the cold start injector, i am pretty sure thats my problem aswell im just waiting for the right price befor i buy it.

Chris Yager
65

with the condenser for ac on or off?????? hmmmmm

Chris Yager
65

i suspect tpi or map sensor. or even dirty pcv valve or worce pluged egr check for vac preasure on hose going to to pcv and for pcv valve to ratle when you shake it

Devin Oxford
35

Already fixed it was the fuel pump mine only had 8 psi where normally they have 12-17 psi. Feels like a brand new truck it now has lots of power and doesn't stall anymore

Rwolfe
50

I have a similiar problem as devin, my 95 Sierra 4x4 it has a 350 5.7L engine and the fuel filter has been replaced I cleaned the injectors out and put a new gasket on. The shop said I have good fuel pressure but I am choking out even when not in gear. but I can keep it running if I pump the gas. I was told it was the cadiladic converter but that was not the issue. Once it is in gear It will not stay running unless you use the 2 foot method and it is very rough and wont run for more than a minute. It never did this untill I got it back from the collision center after I was hit in the front passenger side?

CHARLESCPEYTON
0

i WENT THRU WITH MECHANIC CHANGING EVERYTHING, IDLE CONTROLLER, ETC. finally THEY CHANGED THE BLACK SENSOR ON THE THROTTLE BODY LEFT SIDE AND IT FIXED IT. THIS WAS NOT THE IDLE CONTROLLER, IT WAS A BLACK PART ATTACHED TO THE ACTUAL THROTTLE BODY. NOW i AM ENCOUNTERING HARD TRANNY SHIFT INTO 2ND GEAR ETC SO ITS A CONTINUAL ISSUE BUT i THINK NOT DUE TO THE CHANGES OF ALL ITEMS AND THEN BACK FROM THE INTAKE MANIFOLD UP.

jackedup92
0

i have a question!! just recently swapped motor and trans out of my 92 gmc 1500 with a motor and trans from an 89 1500. it will crank and idle perfectly and i can rev it up with pretty good throttle response. soon as i drop it in reverse or drive and give it gas it acts like it wants to die and sometimes does.if i play with the throttle i can get it going but it hesitates bad. only changes that were made was i had to swap the throttle body unit off the 92 to the 89 motor cause of cruise control and different iac plugs. do you think this is a spark issue or fuel issue? any help would be greatly appreciated.