I have a 2007 Honda civic lx I've replaced the starter 1 yr ago and battery. My car won't start but my lights & all electronics come on but no clicking noise to battery. Honda drop a new engine at 25,000 miles due to improper seal of block. Please help my lemon car.

Dolores Stairs
30

Asked by Dolores Jul 08, 2013 at 10:34 AM about the 2007 Honda Civic LX

jamnblues
3,945

How many Honda owners would be outraged to hear you call your car a lemon- I save that term for Citroens- amazing to hear that Honda replaced your engine?! Anyway, who replaced your starter- was it a rebuilt unit? If all your electronics come on and your horn honks, it sure sounds like a starter again-

2,470

While you hold your key in the start position, have someone climb under the car and hit the starter with a hammer. If the car turns over, your starter is going bad. Another quick test is to put a battery charger on and select the "18 volt engine start" position. If the car turns over, your battery is on the way out.

Dolores Stairs
30

I purchased it at auto zone and I believe it was a refurbished starter. I figured as much. Here's the thing. I have gone through 5 batteries since I bought it in 2006 as soon as it was released. I thought maybe there was a wire shorting somewhere. I usually love Honda's and this was my third buy but everything including the molding has fallen off even the door striping. They can't blame wear & tear because its just me. Lol

Dolores Stairs
30

Thank you both.

jamnblues
3,945

Your state should have a lemon law- please check into this- please- you bought this car new, and you are the textbook example- these laws were written for people just like you- take the time to look into this, they may have to just buy that piece of junk back! in the meantime, get another starter, and plan to get rid of it and get something else- I sure like the styling on the new Civics- can they all be that bad?!