i am replacing my rear bose speakers in my 1989 corvette.with 6x9 pioneer speakers. what are the proper wiring connections there are black yellow green and aqua wires thatare on the bose side i need to know which ones i connect to the pioneer 6x9 speaker thanks

nascarelie
0

Asked by nascarelie Aug 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

i need to know which wires to connct ot the 6x9 pioneer speakers

7jimmy7
9,385

assuming the bose are not amped at the speakers, just take the two wires from one speaker to the other new one, the striped color wire is positive +, though it sounds like you have more than two wires ,if so its amped at the speaker and will not drive the cones to play hardly at all. youll need to preamp the signal from the head unit and then to the two your installing. aftermarket headunits have the amps built in,but not all factory units, some have one separate from the headunit, and bose is good for one at each speaker on many models