why does seepdometer cable keep breaking when i go over 85?

newvetboy
25

Asked by newvetboy Nov 13, 2007 at 08:50 PM about the 1982 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

I just bought a 1982 corvette my first one. speedometer been broke along time guy i got it from says he replced 2 times cause of 85 mph limit,,, is there anything i can do to fix it. also winshield wipers keep going when i jiggle plug to get them going ? think motor or plug? and E brake dont work and noticed shoes for E brake. and radio works but sounds like crap and digital read out on it screwed up.idle goes up and down.also think i need body mounts replced

newvetboy
25

also whats easiest way to adjust head light it seems to scrape alittle when it opens and closes

Krez
335

Not sure and your speedometer question. On your wipers it sounds like you have a bad switch I would replace it. The E Brake cables may be stretched you could try to tighten them up, if that does not work I would recommend having them replaced. I would replace the stereo with a aftermarket unit, that one sounds worn out. You have one vette that needs alot of TLC. Good luck with it